Instructors | How do I add VoiceThread in Modules?
You will learn how to create a ungraded VoiceThread in Modules within Canvas.
An ungraded VoiceThread will not create a column within the Canvas grade book. Use the Assignment Builder to create a graded assignment or add a column manually to the grade book for this type of VoiceThread.
1. Navigate to the Modules tab within your Canvas course.
In the Modules tab, click the + button associated with the Module group where you want the VoiceThread to be located.
2. Add VoiceThread to Module
- Select External Tool from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down and select VoiceThread
- Click on Add Item
This creates a link to VoiceThread within the course Module. Select the new VoiceThread to choose what type of VoiceThread you want to create.
3. Edit VoiceThread within the Module.
VoiceThreads within Modules are not graded, so the Assignment Builder option is not available. Here, you can choose:
- Course View - Displays all the VoiceThreads shared with the course. This is useful for students to review all course materials or to comment on other students' work.
- Individual VT - Choose one VoiceThread to be displayed. This is useful to show students one specific VoiceThread, especially for a discussion board or lecture.
- VT Home - Displays all of a student's VoiceThread contents for all of their courses.
You have now successfully created a VoiceThread in your course Modules. Click for more information about VoiceThread in Canvas.