How do I submit an assignment from Google Drive in Canvas?
In this tutorial, you will learn how to embed a Google Drive document into a Canvas assignment submission.
1. Navigate to the Canvas Assignment
From within your Canvas course, navigate to the assignment you'd like to submit.
2. Navigate to the submission screen
Click on Submit Assignment.
3. Choose your submission method
These options will differ based on what types of submission your instructor has allowed for the assignment.
There are two options for submitting a Google Drive file as an assignment submission: (Instructions for each can be found below)
1) Embed the Google Drive File into a text entry
- If your instructor has allowed text entry submissions you can embed a file from Google Drive into the text area.
- This method will submit to your instructor a view-only perspective to the file, but you will be able to continue editing.
2) Select the file from the Google Drive tab
- This method will submit to your instructor a copy of the current version of your Google Drive file.
- You will NOT be able to continue editing.