How do I use Camtasia to record an audio podcast?
You will learn how to create an audio podcast using Camtasia.
1. Start the recording
Click the red Record button
2. A small window will pop up, giving a few options. When ready, hit "Rec."
Make sure the Mic is on. It doesn't matter if any video gets recorded, as we will only export the audio afterwards. You can Record system audio as well (audio that would be playing through the computer such as music), which you can keep in or get rid of later.
3. When finished, your audio and video will be placed on the Camtasia timeline.
To separate your system audio from the video, right click the Video track and choose Separate Audio and Video. This will create a System Audio track.
4. Your audio track is where you will make any edits you want to the audio.
For help adding Audio Effects, head here: How do I apply effects in Camtasia?
For more help editing your Audio, head here: How do I edit video and audio in Camtasia?
To raise or lower the volume of the whole track, move the green line up or down.
To add an Audio Point, double click along the green line. Audio points can be moved to change the volume of a certain section rather than the whole track.
To split the track, move the time head where you want the split and press the S key. This will create a split, allowing you to trim out sections if needed.
5. When finished editing the audio, go to Share and select "Export Audio Only"
6. There are two audio formats to choose from, depending on the file size and desired audio quality.
.Wav files are a slightly higher quality, but are a much larger file size.
.M4a files have slightly less quality audio (it's not too noticeable), but are a much smaller file size.
If your audio is decently long, it's reccommended you choose .m4a so it will be able to fit in your course.