Checking if the microphone and webcam is Working in LIB 047
You will learn how to set up your microphone and webcam to begin recording.
Make sure the Microphone and the Webcam are properly plugged in if they don't appear to be working correctly.
This guide was made specifically for LIB 047 Accessible Technology Studio, but should generally work the same way for other computers.
There are three options for Microphones in the Accessible Technology Studio.
1. Yeti Stereo Microphone - The silver Microphone, will provide the clearest sounding audio. You can also mute the Mic by pressing the mute button found on top.
2. HD Pro Webcam C920 - The Microphone in the webcam will be used to record audio, not the best sounding but gets the job done.
3. Logitech USB Headset - The Microphone attached to the headset. Has good audio, but may pick up unwanted noises.
Check if the Microphone you are using is working properly.
1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom right and click on Recording devices.
2. On your computer locate your Sound window. The Microphone that you are using will have a green check next to it.
3. Select the Properties button of your selected Mic and enable it in order to record your audio.
Changing to another Microphone
1. If you'd like to change to another Microphone, go to the Mic's properties (see above).
2. Under the General tab locate Device usage and set the drop down to Enable, and click OK.
Testing if the Webcam is Working
1. On the desktop locate the Logitech Webcam Software icon and open it up by selecting the icon.
2. Click Quick Capture.
3. Your webcam should show it's current video.
While you can record videos through this software, it's recommended you use Camtasia for recording.
For help recording while in Camtasia, head here: How do I record a video in Camtasia?
1. After clicking record, a small window will pop up. To turn the Webcam on, click the Camera button. If a green check is there, your camera is working.
2. To select a Microphone, click the Audio drop down menu and select the Mic you want to use (The Yeti Stereo Microphone is recommended).