How do I add captions to my Camtasia video file?
You will learn about several ways on how to add captions to your Camtasia video.
For help adding Captions into YouTube, head here: How do I add Captions to YouTube?
For TechSmith's guide on Captioning your Camtasia video, head here: Captions
Creating captions in the video
To manually add a caption to your video, click the "+ Add Caption" button. This will place a 4 second Blank Caption in your video where you can enter your text.
1. Click these captions to edit their text.
2. Change the text settings, such as font size or color, by clicking the drop down arrow.
3. Change the duration of a caption by dragging the slider.
4. Quickly jump between captions by using the arrows.
5. Move captions or change their duration by dragging the edges along the timeline.
There are also 4 other ways to create captions in your video.
Speech-to-Text automatically transcribes your video by recognizing your voice. For best results, you will need to 'train' your computer to recognize your voice by speaking several lines, which takes several minutes. However, it isn't required. Clicking continue will attempt to transcribe your video, but will most likely contain a fair amount of errors that you can edit out later.