Instructors | Add closed captioning to VoiceThread videos
Instructors will learn how to add closed captioning to their VoiceThread videos within Canvas. This guide will assume that you are creating a new VoiceThread in your Canvas course. You can also add closed captioning to an existing VoiceThread within your Canvas course.
1. Add a new VoiceThread in your Canvas course
2. Find your VoiceThread assignment within your course
Navigate to the Course Navigation menu and click the Assignments tab.
3. Select the VoiceThread assignment you wish to edit
Your VoiceThread assignment will have a unique title that you created. For the purposes of this tutorial, the VoiceThread is titled "VoiceThread Assignment view."
4. Play the VoiceThread video
Click on the link for your VoiceThread video.
5. Add closed captioning file
- Click on the CC button at the top of the VoiceThread video.
- Then, click on Add captions . . .
6. Upload the caption file for the video
Upload the video captioning file for the VoiceThread video by clicking on the Upload captions button. When finished, click OK.
You have successfully captions to your VoiceThread video. Click here for more information about closed captioning in VoiceThread.