How do I add VoiceThread in Assignments?
You will learn how to create a graded VoiceThread assignment in Canvas
1. Navigate to the Assignments tab within your Canvas course.
In the Assignments tab, click the + Assignment button  located at the top right of the page. You may also add a VoiceThread directly into an Assignment group by clicking the + button  associated with that group.
2. Edit your new assignment
Give your new assignment a name and a description, if you choose.
- Under Submission Type, select External Tool from the dropdown menu
- Click on the Find button.
3. Find VoiceThread tool
From the Configure External Tool pop-up menu, scroll down and select VoiceThread, then click Select.
After you have finished editing the other details of your assignment (i.e. due date, etc.) click Save.
4. Choose your type of VoiceThread assignment.
The Assignment Builder option creates a graded assignment, which will be integraded in your Canvas course gradebook. You can see the uses for the other VoiceThread options by hovering over the "circled i" icon
5. From Assignment Builder, choose the type of VoiceThread assignment
- Create a VoiceThread - Students must create or upload their own VoiceThread to satisfy the assignment.
- Submit a Comment - Students must comment on the VoiceThread created by the instructor.
- Watch a VoiceThread - Where students must watch the VoiceThread from start to finish.
6. Edit settings for VoiceThread assignment
After choosing your VoiceThread assignment, you can choose more parameters for your assignment before finishing. When you have completed setting up your VoiceThread, click Create Assignment.
You have now successfully created a VoiceThread in your course Assignments. Click for more information about VoiceThreads in Canvas.